Look for race results under Racing Results menu item or click here
What is Road Racing?
Road racing – like ice racing – is door to door racing on purpose built road courses and temporary race facilities. The NASCC currently runs a number of road race and lapping events a year at Castrol Road Course – HWY 19 west of Nisku.
NASCC club members and volunteers frequently make the trip to other events including the Sports Car Club of BC’s races at Mission Raceway in Vancouver, Winnipeg Sports Car Club’s Gimli race events, and much much more.
Road Racing classes
The NASCC runs classes as outlined in the WCMA’s sporting regulations linked below.
Road Racing rules
The following links contain PDF downloads of all pertinent road race rules and regulations. A drive wishing to partake in road racing is required to read them – it is a good idea to print a copy and have them on hand at events.
While the NASCC is the club organizing ice races the WCMA is the organization for Western Canada (excluding BC) that sanctions and insures our events. As such all cars must be built to WCMA standards in order to race at NASCC events. Linked below are all WCMA rules and regulations you should require to put together a race car. If there is anything missing please visit the WCMA website.
- WCMA Sporting regulations
- WCMA Technical Regulations
- WCMA Improved Touring Category Specifications (ITCS)
- WCMA vintage Regulations
- ASN-WCMA Solo Regulations
- ASN Canada FIA insurance plan coverages
- WCMA race license application form
- WCMA medical examination form
- WCMA medical self declaration form
- WCMA Technical Inspection Form
- WCMA Car Number Application Form
- WCMA Official’s Application Form